Translate

Friday 6 March 2015

Tongue Twisters

WHAT ARE TONGUE TWISTERS?

A tongue twister is a sequence of words difficult to pronounce, especially rapidly, because of alliteration or a slight variation of consonant sounds.


Here try these awesome tongue twisters.
Listen to these tongue twisters and practice saying them. How fast can you say them?


1. The great Greek grape growers grow great Greek grapes.

2. The sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick.

3. A black bloke's back brake-block broke.

4. Six sick hicks nick six slick bricks with picks and sticks.

5. Seven slick slimey snakes slowly sliding southward.

6. Suzie Seaword's fish-sauce shop sells unsifted thistles for thistle-sifters to sift.

7. I miss my Swiss miss. My Swiss miss misses me.

8. Give papa a cup of proper coffee in a copper coffee cup.

9. I can think of six thin things, but I can think of six thick things too.

10. Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear. Fuzzy wuzzy had no hair. Fuzzy wuzzy wasn't very fuzzy, was he?

11. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
He would chuck, he would, as much as he could, and chuck as much wood as a woodchuck would, if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

12. How many cookies could a good cook cook, if a good cook could cook cookies?
A good cook could cook as much cookies as a good cook who could cook cookies.

13. If you can't can any candy can,
how many candy cans can a candy canner can
if he can can candy cans ?

14. Mo mi mo me send me a toe,
Me me mo mi get me a mole,
Mo mi mo me send me a toe,
Fe me mo mi get me a mole,
Mister kister feet so sweet,
Mister kister where will I eat !?

15. As he gobbled the cakes on his plate,
the greedy ape said as he ate,
the greener green grapes are,
the keener keen apes are
to gobble green grape cakes,
they're great!

16. How much dew does a dewdrop drop
If dewdrops do drop dew?
They do drop, they do
As do dewdrops drop
If dewdrops do drop dew.

17. Swan swam over the sea.

Swim, swan, swim!
Swan swam back again.
Well swum swan!

18. Whether the weather be fine
or whether the weather be not.
Whether the weather be cold
or whether the weather be hot.
We'll weather the weather
whether we like it or not.

19. I thought a thought.
But the thought I thought
Wasn't the thought I thought I thought.
If the thought I thought I thought,
Had been the thought I thought,
I wouldn't have thought I thought.

20. Sister Susie's sewing shirts for soldiers,
Such saucy soft short shirts for soldiers sister Susie sews,
Some soldiers send epistles say they'd sooner sleep on thistles,
Than those saucy soft short shirts for soldiers,
Sister Susie sews.


*Hardest tongue twister by MIT: 'pad kid poured curd pulled cold'

No comments:

Post a Comment