Information technology is the study of the application of computers to store, retrieve, transmit and manipulate data.
What is Information?
Information can be described as data that has been processed.
What is Data?
Data are raw facts and figures, signs and symbols that are meaningless until they are processed. Data has no meaning.
Abbreviations used in Information Technology
1. CPU- Central Processing Unit
2. OMR- Optical Mark Recognition
3. OCR- Optical Character Recognition
4. MICR- Magnetic Ink Character Recognition
5. CADD- Computer Assisted Design & Drafting
6. CAE- Computer Assisted Engineering
7. CAM- Computer Aided Manufacturing
8. DVD- Digital Versatile Disk
9. CD- Compact Disk
10. CD-R- Compact Disk Recordable
11. CDRW- Compact Disk Rewritable
12. IRC- Internet Relay Chat
13. ISP- Internet Service Provider
14. www- World Wide Web
15. RAM- Random Access Memory
16. DRAM- Dynamic Random Access Memory
17. SRAM- Static Random Access Memory
18. MRAM- Magnetic Random Access Memory
19. ROM- Read Only Memory
20. PROM- Programmable Read Only Memory
Post a Comment